- Anti-King Chess. Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect; Anti-Kings are in check when not attacked. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) By Peter Aronson.
- Fischer Random Chess. Play from a random setup. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) Author: Terumi Kaneyasu and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Robert J. Fischer.
- Game Courier. Web-based system for playing many different variants by email or in real-time. By Fergus Duniho.
- Hostage Chess. Pieces taken are held hostage and can be exchanged against other pieces and then dropped. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) By John Leslie.
- Magnetic Chess. Pieces that moved attract and repel pieces like magnets. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) By João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
- Modest Proposals. An Introduction to Modest variants. By Tony Paletta.
Warning: more than 260 items were found! You may browse the results by starting letter using the links below.
Total items listed: 424