This page contains one or more presets for playing game online with Game Courier, an online server for playing Chess variants by correspondence.
1. The rules of FIDE Chess apply except as follows
2. The Rook is replaced by a piece called the Snail, which moves one square Rookwise or leaps two squares straight forwards. (By "leap", it is implied that this piece can jump over obstacles, and therefore can play 1. (WfD)a1-a3.)
3. The Knights are replaced by Crabs, ffNbsN, which move forwards as narrow Knights or rearwards as wide Knights.
4. The Bishops are replaced by Lobsters, bFfA, which leap either one square diagonally to the rear or two squares diagonally forwards.
5. The Queen is replaced by the CrabSnail, WfDffNbsN, which combines the powers of the Crab and of the Snail.
6. In addition to checkmate, the game can be won either by stalemating the opponent or by "bare King": if it is your move, and you have any other pieces in addition to your King, but the opponent has only the King, you have won the game.
Read more about the DemiChess pieces and army here.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
Web page created: 2009-05-29. Web page last updated: 2009-05-29