- Archabbott Chess. Introduces the Archabbott piece which moves like Bishop + Wazir + Dabbaba. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Bifold Halfgi. Bifold pieces are able to combine with other same-colored bifold pieces and move as a single normal sized piece. By David Howe.
- Bomberman Chess. Two "bombs" and a "defuser" spice up this 10 x 8 game. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Brigadier Chess. Introducing the powerful Brigadier piece on a 68-square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Building chess. Add a square after every move. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi and Sergey Sirotkin.
- Cetina Random Chess. Missing description By Carlos Cetina.
- Chieftain Chess. Large variant using 4 royal pieces with command control, multi-piece moves and pieces that may shift direction as they move. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
- Commodore Chess. Featuring the Commodore piece (also called Leo) on a Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Demi Chess. Weak short range pieces with less symmetry than some more familliar pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Deneb. Now you can play Deneb on the Play-By-Mail system! Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Deneb Play-By-Mail game. Observe this game being played in the Invent and Play contest! Turn 4. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Double Diamond. Pieces start diagonally across from one another and pawns move diagonally. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Dr. Who Chess. Variant based on the popular TV seiries. By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Ecumenical Chess. Ecumenical Chess features three variants with camel-bishop, camel-rook knight-camel compounds. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Eight-Stone Chess. Players can move neutral stones as well as pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Elephant Hunt. Ituri Forest Pygmi traditional game with chess-like elements. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Freederick .
- Fusion Diamond 41. A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares. By Fergus Duniho.
- Grasshopper Chess. Each player has eight additional grasshoppers. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Joseph Boyer.
- Gustav III's Chess. Invented by King Gustav III of Sweden (1746-92). Author: M Winther. Inventor: King Gustav III of Sweden.
- Gustavian Camelrider Chess. Camelriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68squares) board. By M Winther.
- Gustavian Cannonrider Chess. Cannonriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68 squares) board. Cannonriders move differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- Gustavian-Camelrider Chess (with Scorpions). Camelriders and Scorpions on a 68 square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Half Courier. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Hanga Roa. Play Hanga Roa on Game Courier! Author: Tony Quintanilla and Juan Pablo Schweitzer Kirsinger. Inventor: Juan Pablo Schweitzer Kirsinger and Hernán Marcelo Domínguez Placencia.
- Hubbub. Preset for Hubbub, a short-range version of Brouhaha. By Greg Strong.
- Hullabaloo. Fusion, fission game with drops, giant conglomerations and two types of activation. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Jester Chess. Featuring pieces that mimic last piece moved, archers that can either capture OR move. quadrapawns, and murray lions. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Thomas Havel.
- Mamra Chess. Adds the Mamra, a piece that only Pawns may capture. Author: Tony Quintanilla and George Tsavdaris. Inventor: George Tsavdaris.
- Mir Chess. Play this variant that is mid-powered between Chess and Shatranj. Author: Fergus Duniho and David Paulowich. Inventor: David Paulowich.
- Motorotor. Play this small variant with a rotating board. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Gavin King.
- Presiding Chess. Decimal Variant combining a number of exotic pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Tucker Kao.
- Racing Kings. Missing description By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Rococo. A clear, aggressive Ultima variant on a 10x10 ring board (includes mirror array and Push-Pullyu variants). Author: Peter Aronson and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Peter Aronson and David Howe.
- Roswell Chess. Preset for alien game with abstract pieces that operate in unusual ways. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Ruddigore Chess. Play this Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece! Author: Tony Quintanilla and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Shatra. Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside). By Gary K. Gifford.
- Shatranjian Shogi. Ferz and wazir, dabbaba and elephant offset each other in this new Shatranj drop game. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Stones and Relays. Pieces get to re-originate from neutral relay squares they attack. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Three Elephants Chess. War Towers destroy 3 spaces at a time - Protect your elephants while capturing your opponent's! Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Ultima. Game where each type of piece has a different capturing ability. (Recognized!) Author: Antoine Fourrière and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
- Xhess. Decimal variant using nightriders, special lame knight pawns, cannons and rooks. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Howe.
Total items listed: 43