This is a rules file for Zillions of Games, a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules to. With Zillions-of-Games installed, this rules file will let you play this game against your computer.
Here is the revision of Typhoon described under â€œTyphoon (Revised)â€. This file includes:
- The new Dervish, Harpy, Missionary, Sorcerer, Cicada, and Typhoon pieces;
- A clearer mechanism for choosing the initial array;
- Minor bug fixes in the movements of some pieces (for example, the Undertaker didn't always promote when it was supposed to); and
- (new as of 25 January 2009!) the new Salamander.
The file at the link below contains a bug: the Longleaper can sometimes capture a piece in one direction by moving in another. It also contains the old Salamander, without the restriction that the Salamander must land next to a friendly piece when it moves more than one step.
The updated file is here.
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure you have the "Use folder names" checkbox checked when you extract the files.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Adrian King.
Web page created: 2009-01-19. Web page last updated: 2009-01-19