External Link: Wuji Chinese Chess
This is a rules file for Zillions of Games, a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules to. With Zillions-of-Games installed, this rules file will let you play this game against your computer.
Wuji Chinese Chess, a variant similar to Chinese Chess, includes some pieces from Chess and some created by this game's inventor, Zheng Lei.
A Zillions-of-Games file to play this game is available here.
Normal Chinese Chess with the following exceptions:
- Horses move like a Knight in Western Chess.
- Elephant moves like a Bishop in Western Chess.
- Minister moves like a Queen in Western Chess.
- Reckless move like a Camel in Timur's Chess.
- Mandarin must stay confined to the fortress, and can only move a single step diagonally. Whithin the fortress, it can jump one of empty squares adjacent horizontally or vertically to the player's own King.
- Bomb move like a Rook in Chess. When capturing pieces except other Bomb, Bomb is removed from the board. When captured, the capturing piece is also removed from the board.
- Love move like a Bishop without capture in Western Chess, that is, any number of squares diagonally. Only Bomb and Soldier can capture Love. When staying in the player's own zone, Love can slide diagonally backwards to capture.
Broken Link: Search for http://www.wjqp58.com/wjxq.asp?checktypes=1&xtypes=71&bname=%CE%DE%BC%AB%CF%F3%C6%E5,71 on Archive.org
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
Author: Yu Ren Dong. Inventor: Zheng Lei.
Last revised by Greg Strong.
Web page created: 2009-06-15. Web page last updated: 2020-10-03