Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `IndexEntry` LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE `Type` = 'PBM' AND FIND_IN_SET(:'2d',`Categories`) AND FIND_IN_SET(:'Large',`Categories`) AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- 12 Sharp Chess. Missing description
- 21st Century Chess. Missing description
- A9 HexaChess Courier Preset. Missing description
- Aberg's variation of Capablanca's Chess. Play this variation on the Play-by-Email system!
- Achernar. ACHERNAR is a mix of the game ALTAIR and Western Chess.
- Advanced wizard chess. Missing description
- Agincourt. Decimal variant with Archers.
- Airplane Chess. R. W. Schmittberger's Airplane Chess on the Game Courier.
- Al-Ces. Variant on 10 by 10 board with 30 pieces per player.
- Aliens Vs Predators. Missing description
- Altair. Altair is a modern game with an oriental flavor.
- Amazon Grand Chess. A combination of Grand Chess and Amazon Chess.
- Amazons. Queens fire arrows to make squares unpassable. Last player that moves wins.
- Arabian Nights Chess. Paul Newton's game on the Game Courier.
- Archchess. Late 17th chess variant from Italy on large board with pieces which include modern queen and squirrel.
- Atlantean Barroom Shatranj. The most ambitious in a series of new games Joe Joyce is introducing with powerful short range compound double jumpers.
- Azchess. Adds cannons to Az Chess and reverses the positions of some of the pieces to maximize pawn protection.
- Bachelor Kamil. Play by E-mail! Combines ideas from Bachelor Chess and Wildebeest Chess.
- Battle Line. A military-style variant with 48 pieces per side.
- Bifocal Chess. A game without capture : win by checkmate with a neutral piece!
- Bird's Chess. Predecessor to Capablanca's Chess with Guard and Equerry.
- Brigadier Chess. Introducing the powerful Brigadier piece on a 68-square Gustavian board.
- Building chess. Add a square after every move.
- Caïssa Britannia. Play this British-themed game with royal Queens plus Lions, Unicorns, and Dragons.
- Camel and Rhino Chess. Variant on 10 by 10 board with new pieces.
- Camelrider Chess. P. Aronson's big-board variant with regular pieces and Camelriders.
- Cannon Shosu Shogi. Variant of Shosu Shogi with Dogs and Cannons.
- Capablanca Random Chess. Randomized setup for Capablanca chess.
- Capablanca's Chess. Play Capablanca's Chess on the Play-by-Mail system!
- Cataclysm. Large board variant with exciting, strategical play, and many powerful short-range pieces.
- Catapults of Troy. Large variant with a river, catapults, archers, and trojan horses!
- CCC - The Clash of Civilizations Chess. ...two Chess Armies made from (some of) the most popular pieces used in Western and Eastern Chess games.
- CCChess - shuffle version. A few different imaginings of CCChess.
- Cellular Chess. Play Cellular Chess at Game Courier.
- Centennial Chess. 10x10 Variant that adds Camels, Stewards, Rotating Spearmen and Murray Lions to the standard mix.
- Chesimals I. This game introduces "Chess Animals", independent groups of chess pieces that act as one large multi-square piece.
- Chess 9x9. Exciting variant combining classical pieces with Amazons, Camels and Dragon Horses.
- Chess on a 12 by 12 board. Doug Vogel has placed the standard 32 chess pieces in the center of a 12x12 board.
- Chess on a Larger Board with not so few Pieces Dropped Preset. Play this game with an interesting mix of Orthochess and Exotic pieces, some of which start in-hand!
- Chess on a Longer Board with a few Pieces Added. Play this 8x10 game with three new pieces.
- Chess With Wizards. Chess with Wizards on the Game Courier.
- Chieftain Chess. Large variant using 4 royal pieces with command control, multi-piece moves and pieces that may shift direction as they move.
- Chu Shogi. Historic Japanese favorite, featuring a multi-capturing Lion.
- Coherent Chess. Coherent Chess on the Game Courier.
- Colossus. 10x10 chess with 4 Rooks, 4 Knights, 4 Bishops, 10 Pawns, 1 Queen and 1 King!
- Commodore Chess. Featuring the Commodore piece (also called Leo) on a Gustavian board.
- Compound Chess. Chess on a 10x8 board with Sergeant pawns & armies of compound pieces.
- Compton Medieval Chess. Large variant with three new pieces.
- Courier Chess. A large historic variant from Medieval Europe.
- Courier-Spiel. More modern version of Courier Chess, with Queen added.
- Critters: Chesimals III. Chesimals redesigned.
- Dada. The colorbound chess variant.
- Decima. Variant on 10 by 10 board where you win when you have 10 points on the 10th row.
- Delegating Chess. 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers.
- The Demon Game. 10 x 10 game with extra Capablanca pieces.
- Devingt Chess. Game Courier to play Devingt Chess, on a 10x10 board with Sages (=Camels).
- Double Chess. FIDE Chess x 2(with extra queen replacing what would be an extra king).
- Dual Chess. A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess. Missing description
- Elite Chess. Elite Chess adds an Amazon to Capablanca's Game by adding one more row to the board.
- Embassy Chess. Play this modern Bird's Chess variant based on the setup of Grand Chess.
- English Random Chess. Play this game with standard chessmen on a 10x10 board, with randomized piece setup.
- Enhanced Courier Chess. Courier Chess with the weaker pieces enhanced.
- Episcopal Chess. Play this symmetric version of Chess online.
- Eurasian Chess. Synthesis of European and Asian forms of Chess.
- ExCoCo Chess. Missing description
- Existentialist Chess. Play this game on a 10x10 board with many different pieces.
- Expanded Chess. 100 square chess with complementary pieces.
- Falcon Chess. Play Falcon Chess on Game Courier!
- Falcon Chess RFNB. Falcon Chess with a new setup.
- Fantastic XIII. This is the G.C. preset for Fantastic XIII, a bizarre CV,13 types of pieces on 13x13 board.
- Fool's Hexagonal Chess Courier Preset. Missing description
- Futashikana Shogi. Expanded version of Shosu Shogi played on an 11x11 board.
- Gala. Historical German variant from the Middle Ages.
- Gast's Chess. Large 1969 variant using the Cardinal (Guard) and the Chancellor (Archer).
- General and Arch-General Chess. Variations of Bird's Chess.
- Giant Chess. 16 x 16 variant with lots of powerful pieces and the unique four square occupying Dev piece which is not easy to capture.
- Gigachess II. Evolution of Gigachess. 24 different types of pieces on a 14 x 14 board.
- goChess. goChess.
- Golden Age Chess on a Really Big Board. Play this 16 x 16 variant with several different pieces.
- Gorgona Chess. V. R. Parton's Gorgona paralyzes enemy pieces so they can't move (with zrf).
- Grand Betza. Play Grand Betza on Game Courier.
- Grand Cavalier Chess. Decimal variant with Cannons and Cavalier Chess pieces.
- Grand Chess. Decimal variant with Cardinals and Marshalls.
- Grand Rider Chess. If you love riders, you'll love Grand Rider Chess, which combines several different colorbound and non-colorbound riders.
- Grand Shatranj. Grand Shatranj.... extends the examination of short-range leapers by looking at another 2-square jumper and 2 short-range riders.
- Grand Tamerlane Chess. Variation of Mideast Chess by John Davis.
- Grande Acedrex. Missing description
- GraTiA. Preset for GraTiA, a blend of two historic variants.
- Great Chess. An Indian/Turkish and very playable historic variant on a 10 by 10 board.
- Great Shatranj. What if chess evolved differently so short-range pieces became more powerful by gaining additional short-range moves?
- Gross Chess. Play this 144 square variant online with Game Courier.
- Gunnery Chess (8x10). Cannon pawns can leap over friendly piece and explode an enemy piece on the same file. Regular pieces plus Mastodons.
- Heavy Chess. Play Heavy Chess on Game Courier.
- Heavy Shako. 10x10 variant inspired by Yangsi, made by Eric Silverman. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Hectochess. 10x10 variant that can be played with 2 mismatched Chess sets.
- Heroes Hex Chess version 2. Hexagonal Chess with new movement rules on a "standard" 91 hex board.
- Hex Shogi 81. A hexagonal Shogi variant on an 81-space board.
- Hex Shogi 91. A hexagonal Shogi variant on a 91-space board.
- Hexmate. A two-player variant on a hex board made up of 127, 3-color hexagons.
- Hiashatar. Mongolian Decimal Chess.
- I-Chess. Play this 12x12 large board game with two new peices.
- Imperial Chess. Play this large variant with new pieces and victory by capture of royal pieces!
- Invasion. A military inspired Chess variant played on an 84-square board.
- Jacks and Witches. Play this variant on 84 squares with special pieces and special squares!
- Janus Kamil Chess. A crossover between Janus Chess and Modern Kamil Chess.
- Jetan. Play Edgar Rice Burrough's Jetan (Martian Chess).
- Jetan Jeddara. Large variant of Jetan.
- Jetan Sarang. Play this large variation of Jetan!
- Jumping Chess. Pieces capture by jumping. Board has extra edge squares making it 10x10.
- Jumping Knights Chess. Nightriders replace Knights and War Machines have also been added to Jumping Chess.
- Kamikaze Mortal Shogi. Send your Kamikazes on suicide missions in this Shogi variant.
- Kings. Kings on the Game Courier.
- Large Nahbi Chess. Preset for Large Nahbi Chess.
- Lions and Unicorns Chess. Play this large Chess variant with Lions and Unicorns.
- Maasai Chess. Play Maasai Chess with Game Courier.
- Macrochess. Missing description
- Mad Chess (Steel=White). Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board.
- Mad Chess (Stone=White). Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board.
- Mainzer Schach. 11 x 8 variant with two Januses and one Marshall, and different setup.
- Mastodon Chess. Standard pieces plus two Mastodons per side. A strategical big-board variant.
- Mastodon Chess (8x10). Standard pieces plus two Mastodons per side. A strategical big-board variant.
- Metamachy. Play this large game with a variety of regular fairy pieces.
- Mitsugumi Shogi. Smaller variant of Suzumu Shogi on a 13x13 board. (13x13, Cells: 169)
- Modern Capablanca Random Chess. Missing description
- Modern Carrera's Chess. Play this modern version of Carrera's Chess on Game Courier.
- Modern Chess. Play on Game Courier.
- Modern Courier Chess. Missing description
- Modern Makruk. A fusion of Modern Chess and Makruk.
- Modern Random Chess. Missing description
- Mortal Shogi. Play this Shogi variant in which pieces may die.
- Mythical Fantasy Conquest. Play this large variant with new fantasy pieces!
- Nahbi Chess. Preset for Nahbi Chess.
- Napoleonic Chess. Large chess variant with the `spirit of the Armies of the Napoleonic period'.
- Nutty Shogi. Smaller version of Tenjiku Shogi on a 13x13 board.
- Odin's Rune Chess. With pieces that were inspired by rune images and meanings....
- Omega Chess. This preset for Omega Chess enforces the rules and spots check, checkmate, and stalemate.
- Opulent Lemurian Shatranj. Joe Joyce's Shaman and Hero pieces are on a large board.
- Outback Chess. Play this game with new pieces on plus-shaped board. Winner of the 84-square contest!
- Panchimera. 33 pieces a side, includes all the knight augmented pieces.
- Paulovits's Game. Istv.
- Pemba. Game Courier Preset to play Pemba, 60 pieces on the decimal board.
- Pillars of Medusa. Play this variation of Turkish Great Chess with two additional pieces, the Morph and the Medusa, on Game Courier .
- Prime Ministers Random Chess. Missing description
- Prime-Ministers Chess. Missing description
- Pseudo-Modern Random Chess. Missing description
- Queens or Castles. Wizards promote by making an opponent's piece [or pawn] and themself vanish from the board.
- Querquisite Chess. The Whimsical Querquisite on the Game Courier.
- Quinquereme Chess. Large variant with a new piece, the Quinquereme.
- Reroute66. Play this adaptation of Chess to a 66 space board with some overlapping spaces. (10x8, Cells: 66)
- Rococo. A clear, aggressive Ultima variant on a 10x10 ring board (includes mirror array and Push-Pullyu variants).
- Rose Chess XII. With Nightriders, (Half-)Roses, Spotted Gryphons and War Machines.
- Royal Court. Play Royal Court on Game Courier.
- Royal Rumble. A 6 board all-out melee with random pieces, royals and starting positions.
- Ryugi. 10x10 variant with Kirins, Marshalls, and Dragons, the latter which can move as a Bishop or as a Nightrider.
- Sac Chess. Play classical chess along with classical compound pieces: amazons, chancellors, archbishops...
- Schoolbook. This is a Game Courier preset for Schoolbook Chess.
- Shafran's Hexagonal Chess. I G Shafran's Game on the Game Courier.
- Shako. Cannons and elephants are added in variant on 10 by 10 board.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside).
- Shogi-of-Chesstonia. 9 x 12 Shogi Variant that includes a Queen and some Modern Shatranj Pieces.
- SHORANJI Maximus. 9 x 12 variant of Six Fortresses Short Range. 2-Step pawn initial move option.
- Shosu Shogi. 10x10 Shogi variant with Queens and more powerful promoted pieces.
- Sosarian Chess. 12x8 Game with Capablanca-type pieces plus two lions.
- SpaceWar. SpaceWar.
- Star Pool Chess. Large variant of Makruk, with a center non-square that acts as a bridge.
- Storm the Ivory Tower. Play this Smess adaptation of Chinese Chess by email.
- Suzumu Shogi. 16x16 variant based on Tenjiku Shogi. (16x16, Cells: 256)
- Symchess. 10 x 10 setup with Capablanca-esque pieces and camels or fils.
- Symmetric Chess. Play chess with a couple of queens flanking the king.
- Symmetron! 112. Large version of Symmetron!, with a third modifier.
- A Tale of Two Countries. This is a small diceless wargame.
- Tamerlane II. Cazaux's modern take on Tamerlane Chess.
- TamerSpiel. Modern large chess variant with elements of historic chess variants.
- Tandem-84. Jim Aikin's Tandem-84 on the Game Courier.
- Templar Chess. Play Templar Chess on Game Courier.
- TenCubed Chess. Play TenCubed Chess on Game Courier.
- Tenjiku Shogi. Four hundred year old, large, historical variant of Shogi.
- Terachess II. A summit with 26 different pieces on a 16 x 16 board. There are 64 pieces per side of 26 different types.
- Teramachy. Teramachy is the child of Metamachy with 12 rows and Terachess with 16 columns.
- Third runner. Missing description
- Tigrey. Combination of Expanded Chess and Tiger Chess. (12x12, Cells: 144)
- The Toddler. Large variant with powerful pieces and an intricate net of protections.
- Toulousain Chess. Jean-Louis Cazaux's 12 x 12 chess variant dedicated to his town of Toulouse.
- TreeLeaders Chess. Preset for Treeleaders Chess (invented by Erez Schatz).
- Troitzky Chess. Where the mate by two knights is possible.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation II. Gollon's large historical variant.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation III. John Gollon's third out of six variations on Great Chess.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation IV. Play this variation of Great Chess by e-mail!
- Turkish Great Chess, variation V. Large variant with three new pieces.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation VI. Large variant adding an Archbishop and a General (Amazon).
- Unicorn Great Chess. Enjoyable game: Great Chess pawn structure encloses two half-ducks - "lions" - with exciting bishop-nightrider - "unicorn.".
- Very Heavy Chess. Play Very Heavy Chess on Game Courier.
- Viking Chess. Play Viking Chess online with Game Courier.
- WAD Chess. Chess on a 10x8 board with WADs (Champions) added.
- Walkers and Jumpers. Joe Joyce's multidimensional game on the Game Courier.
- The War of World`s Warriors Chess. Logical continuation of Clash of Civilizations Chess, optimizes piece density within limits of 50% +/- 2.
- Warlord. Missing description
- Warlord: Clash of Arms. Missing description
- Wild Kingdom. Battle for jungle dominance with your own army of animals, each with special abilities.
- Wildeurasian Qi. Variant on 10 by 10 board combining ideas of several existing variants.
- Wizard's War. Play this game with piece-creating Wizards and a board divided into arena and enchanted sections!
- X Chess. Hourglass shaped board with piece density of nearly 50%, and diagonal pieces.
- Xhess. Decimal variant with Nightriders and Cannons.
- Yangsi. A very playable chess variant with 12 different pieces on a 10x10 board.
- Zanzibar-S. A large CV with 72 pieces of 17 different types. Bigger than Metamachy.
- Zanzibar-XL. Beyond Metamachy. 80 pieces of 19 different types, with historical lineage.