Modern Capablanca Random Chess
This page contains one or more presets for playing game online with Game Courier, an online server for playing Chess variants by correspondence.
This is a 10x8 random variant, adapting the Four 'Modern' Chess Principles to the great JosÃ© RaÃºl Capablanca's 10x8 game. There are 151,200 possible starting positions!
PiecesThe Orthodox Chess pieces plus an Archbishop (Bishop + Knight) and a Chancellor (Rook + Knight), and 10 pawns.
SetupRandom setup of the pieces, with the only restriction that the King be placed somewhere between the Rooks to allow for the modified castling rule.
Bishops are allowed to start in the same color squares (dark or light) or on opposite color squares.
The setup of the Black pieces has reverse symmetry to White's pieces.
RulesOrthodox Chess rules apply, including en passant, with the changes below.
- O-Ob is Kb1 & Rc1 [Kb8 & Rc8 for black]
- O-Oi is Ki1 & Rh1 [Ki8 & Rh8 for black]
Game Courier PresetsModern Capablanca Random Chess preset (Alfaerie set)
Modern Capablanca Random Chess preset (Magnetic set)
Game Courier LogsGame Courier Logs for Games of Modern Capablanca Random Chess
To see actual games that have been played on-line, follow the link above.
This variation was invented by JosÃ© Manuel Carrillo-MuÃ±iz, from Puerto Rico, in May 2008.
Chess Variants by the Author:
- Modern Random Chess (9x9)
- Contemporary Random Chess (8x8)
- Prime Ministers Chess (9x8)
- Modern Capablanca Random Chess (10x8)
- Modern English Random Chess (10x10)
- Pseudo-Modern Random Chess (9x9)
- Chess8400 (9x9)
- Prime Ministers Contemporary Random Chess (8x8)
- Prime Ministers Random Chess (9x8)
- International Contemporary Random Chess (10x10)
- International Fischer Random Chess (10x10)
- Courier Chess Moderno (12x8)
- Mini Courier Chess Moderno (10x8)
- Silver Elephant Chess (10x8)
- Modern Ministers Courier Chess (11x8)
- Ajax Chess (10x10)
- Partnership Chaturanga (8x8)
Other Pages by the Author:
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Jose Carrillo.
Web page created: 2008-05-18. Web page last updated: 2008-05-18