- ABC Chess. A variant with 8 armies of pieces generated by combining 1, 2 or 3 simpler pieces.
- Abstract Chess . Pieces are really by stacks of stones of different heights, with their move depending on the number of stones.
- Alice Chess . Classic Variant where pieces switch between two boards whenever they move.
- Alice Chess . New Alice Chess ZRF plays Alice Chess on two boards.
- Altair. Altair is a modern game with an oriental flavor.
- Assimilation Chess . Increase your material by assimilating your opponent's pieces.
- Assimilation Fusion Chess . A hybrid of Assimilation Chess and Fusion Chess. Pieces combine and split apart.
- Barion . A variant of the chess variant Bario.
- Bedlam . A hybrid of Metamorphin' Fusion Chess and Chessgi.
- Border Wars . Game played on the 42 edges of a grid, with elements of Shogi and XiangQi.
- Border Wars II . Game played on line edges with Shogi-like aspects.
- Canopus . Most pieces movements are range-limited. The game play is violent and tense, but fluid.
- Captain Spalding Chess . Find an Elephant in your Pajamas.
- Chakra . Variant with fairy pieces and transmitters that can transport pieces.
- Cheer Chess. All pieces are boosted by sideline Cheerers.
- Chess on a Longer Board with a few Pieces Added . On a 10 row by 8 column board, with three new pieces.
- Chess with Cyclical Armies . Whenever a piece moves, it changes to another type of piece of vaguely similar value.
- Chessgi . Captured units become yours to drop onto the board.
- Clockwork Orange Chess . Captured pieces are replaced with non-capturing counterparts.
- Crazyhouse . A two-player version of Bughouse. (Recognized!)
- CrazyWar. CrazyWar is normal Crazyhouse with extra pieces.
- Cuarenta . Played only of the light-colored squares of a 9 by 9 board.
- Demotion Chessgi . Chessgi variant limited to 32 turns by demotions and the removal of Pawns.
- Deneb . Special pieces and winning conditions.
- Dino-Czars . Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts.
- Elephant Hunt . Ituri Forest Pygmi traditional game with chess-like elements.
- Emperor of China. A Chess and Halma mixed game.
- ERB Jetan . Implements different possible rules for Jetan.
- Fanorona Chess . Variant played on a Fanorona board with capture by approach and by withdrawal.
- Fidchell. Gary Gygax's Fidchell.
- FlipChess. Chess variant in which pieces keep changing state.
- Flying Armies . Missing description
- Fugue . Based on Ultima and Rococo this game has pieces that capture in unusual ways.
- Fun-In-A-Box Chess . Featuring Thing One and Thing Two from The Cat in the Hat.
- Fusion Chess . Variant in which pieces may merge together or split apart.
- Fusion Chessgi . A hybrid of Fusion Chess and Chessgi.
- Fusion Diamond 41 . A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares.
- G.U.E. 3D Chess. A 3D Chess game paying homage to those really great Zork adventures.
- Gadsden's Toroidal Chess . Edges of the board are considered to be adjacent.
- Hanga Roa . Play Hanga Roa with Zillions of Games!
- Hopgi . Small-board variant of Chessgi with an L-shaped board, linked pairs of Kings, where all pieces can move like a Mao-hoppers.
- Hordes of Change . A chess variant inspired by Andernach Chess.
- Interweave . Game with elements of Checkers and Ultima where all pieces are colorbound and only capture pieces on the other color.
- Jai-Alai . A sports theme variant with three new pieces: the Superball, the Ball and the Diagball.
- Jetan . Martian Chess, coming from the book The Chessmen of Mars.
- Jetan, ERB . Implements different possible rules for Jetan.
- Joust . Two knights. Squares cannot be revisited.
- King's Run . An entry for the 32-turn contest that is based on Logan's Run.
- Kings or Lemmings?. Normal chess except that a player can produce clones of his king.
- Knight-Tac-Toe . Win by placing 3 pieces in a row.
- Knightliest Black Hole . Knighted pieces on a constantly diminishing board.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess . All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color.
- Mad Elephant Chess . Pawns can be turned into Elephants; Elephants can promote to Mad Elephants, and Mad Elephants can trample lines of pieces.
- Maelstrom . All 64 squares of 8 by 8 board are initially filled with pieces.
- Makarenko's Chess . Pieces can split and combine in many ways. Four variants included.
- Mamra Chess . Adds the Mamra, a piece that only Pawns may capture.
- Mapped Chess . Missing description
- Medusa Shogi. Missing description
- Metamorph Chess . Variant in which pieces transform by fixed rules into other pieces.
- Metamorphin Assimilation Chess . A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Assimilation Chess.
- Metamorphin Fusion Chess . A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Fusion Chess.
- Mortal Chessgi . A Chessgi game in which captures reduce material.
- Mulligan Stew Chess . 42-Square Swapping-Mage Teleporting-Assassin Dual-Color-Bound-King Limited-Double-Move Leaping-Pawn Chess.
- Neighbors . Try to capture the most pieces on a 42-square board completely filled with neutral pieces.
- Ninny chess . Produced and sold in the early 70's by Parker Brothers. Arrows on squares determine direction pieces can move.
- Omega Chess Extended . Missing description
- Penta War . Huge game with five clans.
- Perfect Chess . On 8 by 8 board with combination pieces.
- Pocket Polypiece Chess 43 . Game with off-board pocket where all pieces of a type change when one piece of a type is moved normally.
- Politically Correct Chess. Missing description
- Promotions & Demotions . Every turn, the piece that has moved promotes or demotes to another piece.
- Rhino Chess . Collection of variants designed to demonstrate the Rhino family of pieces.
- Rococo . A clear, aggressive Ultima variant on a 10x10 ring board.
- Ruddigore Chess . Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece.
- Shatra . Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture.
- Shatranj Elephants. Shatranj-like game, but with all short-range, limited-capturing pieces.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside).
- Shock Troops . Make a regular move or drop one of two pieces into a vacant space in the back rank.
- Smegi . Arrows on squares show where pieces can go - crossover between Smess and Shogi.
- Smess . Produced and sold in the early 70's by Parker Brothers. Arrows on squares determine direction pieces can move.
- Spherical Guard Chess . Play with either the single-board or dual-board sphere projection .
- Thinktank Chess . Frank Maus' game where most pieces move differently when capturing from how they move without capturing.
- Three Fat Brothers Chess . On a 9x9 board with 3 royal pieces.
- Thunder Chess . A hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess.
- Tournoy . Pieces have orientation that can be rotated.
- Trophy Hunt Chess. Capture at least one of each trophy animal to win.
- Tutti Frutti Chess . With bishop-knight, knight-rook, queen-knight and the usual pieces on an 8 by 8 board.
- Ultima . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Ultima with Alternate Graphics . Game where each type of piece has a different capturing ability.
- Vietnamese Chess . Each player has a King, which captures cannon-style, and 11 non-capturing Pawns on a 25-intersection Alquerque-style board.
- War of the Worlds . Chess army from planet Earth against the Martian forces of Jetan.
- Weave and Dungeon . Abstract game played on a board divided into Weave and Dungeon, with movement following different rules on each part.
- Wormhole Chess . When a piece leaves a square, it `folds' together.
Total items listed: 93