Zillions of Games file for Alice Chess ZRF
This is a zip file of a rules file for Zillions of Games and its accompanying graphics. Zillions of Games is a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules and graphics for.
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure to keep the folder structure intact when you extract the files.
<P>This ZRF was written by Fergus Duniho in October 2004 to give Alice Chess a good ZRF during its month as the Chess Variant of the month at Chessvariants.org.</P> <P>Although at least two ZRFs have previously been made for Alice Chess, this ZRF is different from both and based on neither. Jens Markmann wrote one in which you had to move your pieces directly from one board to the other. Pierre Tourigny wrote one that played Alice Chess on a single board with two sets of pieces. Both of these earlier ZRFs took the shortcut of not implementing castling or en passant. This new ZRF implements both. Like the Jens Markmann ZRF, this one uses two boards, but unlike that one, a piece moves to a space on its own board. It then jumps to the opposite board without having to be placed there manually. I personally find this method more user-friendly than either method used by the two earlier ZRFs for Alice Chess.</P> <P>This ZRF gives you your choice of various piece sets: Magnetic, Alfaerie, Motif, Abstract, Alice (from the Jens Markmann ZRF), SHaag (from Zillions), or Chess (from Zillions). It includes both Alice Chess and Ms. Alice Chess, and it includes versions of each game with Black starting on the opposite board, for a total of four variants.</P>
- Browse items that also start with the letter A.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Al.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ali.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Alice Chess. Classic Variant where pieces switch between two boards whenever they move. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) (Recognized!) Author: Edward Jackman and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Alice Chess. Looking-glass boards. Extremely popular variant. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Alice Chess. Play this classic variant in which pieces switch between boards whenever they move. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Alice Chess . Classic Variant where pieces switch between two boards whenever they move. Author: Pierre Tourigny. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'AliceChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID2 = 'AliceChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)