- Accounting Chess . Modern Business Chess: win by capturing or indicting the opposing CEO (King), or bilking all of your Stockholders (Pawns). By Dan Troyka.
- Alekhine Chess. Named in honor of Alexander Alekhine, World Chess Champion 1927-1935, 1937-1946. By Michael Wortley Nolan.
- Anti-Relay Tutti-Frutti Chess . Anti-relay is when a piece loses a movement capability it normally does have due to its position relative to another piece. By Michael Nelson.
- Arabian Nights Chess . Large modern variant of historic Shatranj, with more pieces and flying carpets. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
- Bank Chess . Put your assets on the bank for later use! 6 Variants. Author: Karl Scherer. Inventor: Karl Scherer and Denis van Straten.
- Battle Chieftain Chess . Warriors and a king fight on a board with walls and holes. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Craig Daniel.
- Beastmaster Chess . Large chess variant with a fantasy theme, emphasizing leaping pieces. By Glenn Overby II.
- Benedict Chess . Instead of being captured, enemy pieces switch sides. By Dan Troyka.
- Bilateral Chess . Game on 12x8 board adding Lions, switching Cannons, Wizards and pushing Elephants, but keeping the standard array in the middle. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Boolean Rithmomachia . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Border Wars . Game played on the 42 edges of a grid, with elements of Shogi and XiangQi. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Brotherhood Chess . A piece cannot capture one of its own kind. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Gianluca Vecchi.
- Bushi Shogi. Extremely small shogi variant played with cube pieces. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Georg Dunkel.
- Chaturanga 4-84 . An Updating of Chaturanga for Four Players with modern pieces on an 84-square board. By Peter Aronson.
- Cheer Chess. All pieces are boosted by sideline Cheerers. By Ken Franklin.
- Chess Cubed. Played within a 4x4x4 cube. By Larry L. Smith.
- Cobra Chess . Variant on 10 by 10 board with new pieces, including the Cobra. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Derick Peterson.
- Courier 'de la Dama' . Courier Chess with a Modern Queen and other changes for more dynamic play. By Nuno Cruz.
- Cross-Eyed Chess . Two player variant on cross-shaped board. Author: Dan Troyka. Inventor: Uri Bruck.
- Delegating Chess . 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Elevator. Three-dimensional chess variant with moving elevators and walking, vaulting and flying pieces. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Ben Good.
- Excelsior . At certain moments in the game, pieces are moved to an additional 5 by 4 area. Author: Dan Troyka. Inventor: Este.
- Fair-Chess . A chess variant to play with handicaps for different ratings. By Janevert Kaan.
- Fidchell. Gary Gygax's Fidchell. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary Gygax.
- Flipworld . Pieces are on both sides of a disc. Author: Dan Troyka.
- Herb Garden Chess . Variant on 7 by 12 board with additional combination pieces. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: William Overington.
- Heroes Hexagonal Chess . Hexagonal variant with special Hero piece which enhances other pieces. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Hexes Chess . Hexes Chess requires fewer chess pieces and a smaller board than conventional chess, but increases the mobility of each piece. Author: Mike Layfield and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Mike Layfield.
- Hydra Chess . Captured pieces return. Regrown pieces will be of lesser value. By Karl Scherer.
- Influence Chess . Pieces on the top or bottom layer influence which chess pieces may move on the middle layer. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Samuel H. Bell.
- Inverse Capture Chess . Pieces are captured the way they move. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Jacks and Witches 84 . Variant on 84 squares with special pieces and special squares. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Joko Urtaroak . Modern large version of Game of Four Seasons; four player chess variant. By Glenn Overby II.
- Karma Chess . A piece that has captured an opponent's piece is turned into one of better quality. By Karl Scherer.
- Ki Shogi. Variant of Shogi played without a board, and pieces are cubes. By Larry L. Smith.
- Leapers Chess. Played upon a 10x10 field with all the pieces having leaping capability. By Larry L. Smith.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess . All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color. By Peter Aronson.
- Lions and Dragons Chess . Hexagonal variant. Dragons carry a ball to the goal while Wizards avoid capture. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Orwell Chess . Three player variant themed on George Orwell's 1984. By Glenn Overby II.
- Outback Chess . New pieces on plus-shaped board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Timothy R. Newton.
- Pillars of Medusa . Download Pillars of Medusa for Zillions of Games! Author: Jason Jakupca. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- The Pit . 10 by 10 board has pit in the middle that can be crossed by Sorcerer piece. By Daniel Roth.
- Pompeii Chess . Variant on board with 25 squares. By Dan Troyka.
- Quintessential Chess . Large chess variant, with some pieces moving with a sequence of Knight moves in a zigzag line. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
- Ramayana Chess . Chess variant inspired by the Ramayana epic. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Re. Drop pieces on a 5 by 5 board. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Rebel Chess . King's Pawn is replaced by Recruiter piece that moves like an Alfil and can change a piece's side. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Renezan's Chess . Proprietary game, Bi Triad, 1993. Inspired by Wildebeest Chess. Author: Yu Ren Dong. Inventor: BiTriad.
- River Chess . Get one of your pieces to the other side of the board. By Karl Scherer.
- Round Table Chess 84 . Chess on a special round board with 84 squares. By Richard G. VanDeventer.
- Ryu Shogi . Large modern shogi variant. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Schizophrenic Chess . Game on 12x7 board with Left and Right Schizzys, Bobbers, Teleporters and other exotic pieces. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Scirocco (revised) . On ten by ten board with over thirty different pieces. By Adrian King.
- Seenschach . Variant on 10 by 10 board with lake in the middle and new pieces. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
- Squadron Chess. Uses only one type of piece besides the King. By Ken Franklin.
- Star Pool Chess . Large variant of Makruk, with a center non-square that acts as a bridge. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Aronson and Tony Quintanilla.
- TamerSpiel . Modern large chess variant with elements of historic chess variants. Author: Glenn Overby II. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Tandem-84 . Variant on two boards of 7 by 6 rows with pieces moving between boards. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Tetrahedral Chess . 3d chess variant with board in form of tetrahedron. By Mark Thompson.
- This Game is for the Birds . Game where pieces fly past obstacles and some pieces capture by pecking. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Ralph Betza and Peter Aronson.
- Transporter Chess . Large variant with transporters and several new pieces. Author: Dan Troyka. Inventor: Andrew P. Newton.
- Tree garden chess . Large chess variant on 10 by 10 board with 4 by 4 area missing from the middle. Author: Mark Thompson. Inventor: William Overington.
- Trubix-43 . Unique piece and lines of movement on an hourglass board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Two Kingdoms . A decimal variant with a more powerful knight, and an added Archer piece. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Nuno Cruz.
- Typhoon (Revised) . Missing description By Adrian King.
- Ultra Slanted Escalator Chess . Game on an asymmetrical board of 84 squares with Crabs and Ultras. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Unconventional Warfare Chess . Variant based on modern warfare. Author: Dan Troyka. Inventor: Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Viking Chess . Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. By Tomas Forsman.
- Voidrider Chess . A 43 square variant with movable spaces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Wizard Chess . Variant on 12 by 7 board with fantasy pieces (includes Advanced Wizard Chess). Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Andrew P. Newton.
- Wizard's War . Game with piece-creating Wizards and a board divided into arena and enchanted sections. By Michael Nelson.
- Wuji Chinese Chess. Invented by Zheng Lei(鄭磊,河南光山縣人) in 1993. Author: Yu Ren Dong. Inventor: Zheng Lei.
Total items listed: 75