- 4-handed Chaturanga with dice. Missing description Author: M Winther.
- 4-handed Shatranj. 4-handed Shatranj. Author: M Winther.
- Abagoren Chess. Old Bulgarian Chess variant for Zillions of Games. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Abagoren Macedonian Chess . Missing description By Malcolm Webb.
- Cambodian Chess . Mysterious 9x9 "Cambodian" Chess game that seems unknown in Cambodia. Author: Ivan Derzhanski.
- Chaturanga . Oldest known form of chess. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Chaturanga . Version with fancy graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Chaturanga . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Citadel Shatranj . A variant of Shatranj, played on a ten by ten board with four extra citadel. Author: Marek14 .
- Courier Chess . A large historic variant from Medieval Europe. Author: Francis Monkman.
- Courier-Spiel . This is a more modern variant of Courier Chess in 19th. By Yu Ren Dong.
- Courrier Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Dai Dai Shogi. Extremely large Shogi variant invented in the 17th century. Author: Douglas Silfen and Eduard Werner.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess . Large variant from 18th century England. Author: Robert Price.
- Gala . Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Michael Asher.
- Grande Acedrex . A large variant from 13th century Europe. Author: Marek14 .
- Grande Acedrex . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Oblong chess . Variant of Shatranj, played on a four by sixteen sized board. Author: Andrew Juell.
- Oblong Chess 44 . Missing description By Erez Schatz.
- Oblong Shatranj with Die. Missing description Author: M Winther.
- Proto-Chaturanga . A seminal so-called "Indo-Persian" game with only King and Pawns. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Shatra . Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture. Author: Francis Monkman.
- Shatranj . The widely played historic Persian game, predecessor of modern chess. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Shatranj . Version with fancy graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Shatranj for Four. 4-handed Shatranj. Author: M Winther.
- Tamerlan Chess . Westernized version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Tamerlane Chess . A well-known historic large variant of Shatranj. Author: David Howe.
- Tori Shogi. Bird Shogi. Author: Eduard Werner. Inventor: Ohashi Soei.
Total items listed: 32