Zillions of Games file for Gala
This is a zip file of a rules file for Zillions of Games and its accompanying graphics. Zillions of Games is a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules and graphics for.
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure to keep the folder structure intact when you extract the files.
Author: Michael Asher.
Attached is Zillions file for the game "Gala", I have based the rules as those found on the Chess Variants web site and in the board game book by R.C Bell. As the rules are somewhat ambiguous I have put together some additional variants. 1 - Rooks move diagonally on crossing a deflection zone; but normally move forwards or sideways. 2 - As above but win condition is also; having both Kings in centre of board. 3 - Rooks move forward or sideways outside deflection zone; but diagonally in deflection zone 4 - As above but win condition is also; having both Kings in centre of board. I have enforced a rule of only crossing one deflection line in one move; and when capturing a King the King is removed from the board. The capturing piece does not replace it. Kind Regards Mike Asher
- Browse items that also start with the letter G.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ga.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Gal.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Gala. Medieval game of German farmers. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Gala. Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Gala set photos. Missing description Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Gala' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)