Item Index Information
Shogi is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, .
Shogi is the variant of chess that is most widely played in Japan, where the game has reached great heights. There are many organized events, professional players with a detailed rating system, etc. Shogi is known to many as "Japanese Chess". Shogi received a small but enthousiastic group of players in the west. People often praise the game for its strategic and tactical possibilities, and state that the game is more complex to play than "regular" chess. Due to the rule that taken pieces can reappear as reinforcements of the opponent, draws are not common. <b>Recognized Variant of the Month for February 2002.</b>
- Browse items that also start with the letter S.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sh.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sho.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Shogi: Cut-Out Symbolic Shogi Pieces. Make your own Shogi set. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Heian Shogi. or Early Shogi. A predecessor of Shogi. (9x8, Cells: 72)
- Kokusai Sannin Shogi. Three-handed Shogi variant. (Cells: 127) and George F. Hodges. Inventor: Tanigasaki Jisuke.
- Shogi. Japans schaak (Dutch Language) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and John William Brown.
- Shogi for Chess Players . Introduction to Shogi geared for western chess players. Author: Douglas Crockford.
- Yonin Shogi. 4-handed Shogi variant. (9x9, Cells: 81) Author: Jared B. McComb. Inventor: Ota Mitsuyasu.
- 將棋(日本). 日本的將棋類遊戲 (Chinese Language) Author: Ri S. Huang.
- Diagrammatic Shogi Pieces. Icons of shogi pieces in diagram style. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- EurasiaChess Shogi Graphics. Graphics of shogi pieces mixing European chess symbols & Japanese Kanji. By Emmanuel Baud.
- Motif Shogi Pieces. Motif style Shogi pieces made from photos of wood. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Shogi Pieces. Graphics of shogi pieces and symbols. Author: David Howe.
- Western Shogi Pieces. Icons of shogi pieces in western style. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Shogi Deutschland e. V. . Missing description
- The Shogi Foundation . Organization selling books on Shogi and a portable shogi set.
- 81Dojo. The International Shogi Server. By Fergus Duniho.
- Shogi. Play the Japanese form of Chess, in which captured pieces can be dropped back as your own. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Homemade Symbolic Shogi Pieces. Photos of pieces made from computer printed stickers on foam board. By Fergus Duniho.
- Shogi Photo. Photo of crafted Shogi set. Author: Victor Vermette.
- Shogi set. Photo's of shogi (Japanese chess) set. Author: Jean-Luc Muraro.
- Shogi set. Photographs of a Shogi set. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- BCMShogi. A versatile and customizable Shogi program. Inventor: Bernard C. Maerz.
- Shocky. A program that plays Shogi. Author: Pauli Misikangas.
- Shogi Programs. Links to different programs that play Shogi. Author: Moshe Rapaport.
- Shogi Software. Shogi Software. Author: Terrance Davis.
- The Art of Shogi. Information on book on Shogi. Author: Tony Hosking.
- How to Play Shogi. A book on Japanese chess, Shogi.
- Rules for historic Shogi variants. Missing description Author: George F. Hodges.
- Shogi - Japan's Game of Strategy.. Book teaching how to play Shogi. Author: Trevor Leggett.
- Shogi : Japan's Game of Strategy. Missing description Author: Trevor Leggett.
- Shogi for Beginners. A book on Japanese chess, Shogi.
- Shogi for Beginners. Missing description
- Questions and answers: Shogi. Questions and answers about Shogi (Japanese Chess). Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Kasparov's Premiere at Shogi. Chess world champion plays a game of Shogi.
- Elephant Chess Club. Webshop selling internationalized Xiangqi and Shogi sets.
- Shogi Variants Site. Wikipedia dedicated to Shogi Variants. Author: Joseph Peterson.
- Shogi . Westernized version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe and Fergus Duniho.
- Shogi, Mortal Shogi, and Kamikaze Mortal Shogi . Optimized ZRFs for Japanese Chess and some recent variants. Author: Fergus Duniho.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Shogi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID2 = 'Shogi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Shogi'