BCMShogi is a Shogi program for Windows created by Bernard C. März. It is distributed as guestbookware, which means that it is free to use and distribute, but to use all of its features, you need to register in the author's guestbook. This Shogi program stands out above other Shogi programs for a few reasons:
- It comes with the Spear Shogi engine and can be used with other USI compatible Shogi engines.
- Its graphics are fully customizable, allowing users to design and use their own graphics with the program, and it comes with several sets of Shogi graphics, both Japanese and western.
- It will show you where your pieces can move and even where your opponent's pieces can move.
You may download BCMShogi, now called BCMGames, directly from our own website. The most recent version as of this writing, 20121118 from November 18, 2012, is available here in a single archive, along with some new themes and graphics added by Fergus Duniho.
Here are other UCI Shogi engines you can use with BCMShogi:
This package will not autoinstall. Just unzip the archive to where you want BCMShogi to go.
Here is a screenshot of the program:
Here is a screenshot of a piece set created by a user known on YouTube as Hidetchi, which now comes with the program:
Here is a screenshot of it using Fergus Duniho's Symbolic set:
Here is a screenshot of it using Fergus Duniho's Chess Motif set:
- Bernard C. März's BCMShogi page
- Shogi4Fun: The YouTube Channel for BCMShogi
- Shogi News: Internationalized shogi pieces - Hidetchi's video on the international pieces shown above and other internationalized Shogi pieces.
- The BCMShogi Google Group
- BCMShogi Q&A at the 81-Square Universe
WWW Page Created: Sat, 13 Nov 2010.