Bottom of page
Last Game Courier move entered 1 hour ago.
Last Game Courier open invitation made 5 DAYS ago.
Last Game Courier game finished 3 hours ago.
Last kibbitz comment entered 9 DAYS ago.
Last Chess Variant problem added 1689 DAYS ago.
Last comment or rating entered 1 hour ago.
Last game review entered 16 DAYS ago.
Week ending Sep 26, 2020
- Foolish King Chess. Players have different armies and victory conditions. White has a fool for a king. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Patrik Hedman.
- Palace Ninja Guards. A pair of short-range diagonal leapers and four extra squares are added to the standard chessboard and pieces. (8x8, Cells: 68) By Charles Daniel.
Week ending Sep 19, 2020
- Maorider Chess. Image of starting position added. (8x9, Cells: 72) By Vitya Makov.
- Grand Alamos Chess. FIDE, but with an initial setup reminiscent of Grand Chess. By Jeff Cornell.
- Joust Chess. Revised opening setup and added ability for pieces to jump. By Jeff Cornell.
Week ending Sep 12, 2020
- The Sultan's Game. Updated with new information from A World of Chess by Jean-Louis Cazaux and Rick Knowlton. (11x11, Cells: 121) Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Peguilhen.
- 88 Hexagons Chess. Hexagonal chess on chessboard with 88 hexagons. By Davor Vujacic.
- Cannon Shosu Shogi. Variant of Shosu Shogi with Dogs and Cannons. By Adam DeWitt.
- Full Cavalry. Rooks are replaced by Lancers and castling is still legal. By JT K.
Week ending Sep 05, 2020
- Mecklenbeck Chess. Pawns can promote on the sixth row. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Greg Strong. Inventor: Bernd Eickenscheidt.
- Grand Chess. Christian Freeling's popular large chess variant on 10 by 10 board. Rules and links. (10x10, Cells: 100) (Recognized!) Author: Greg Strong and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
Week ending Aug 29, 2020
- Grand Betza. A tribute to Ralph Betza on a 10x10 board with pawns on the third rank as in Grand Chess. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: John Davis.
|12 'Game' entries listed||4 'Large board' entries listed|
|2 'In a category all its own' entries listed||1 'Each player has a different army' entry listed|
|1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 12