- Besiege Chess . Large variant with White on either side, Black in center. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Bughouse Chess. 4 player variant where pieces taken from your opponent are given to your partner. Author: Karl Scherer.
- Chess Battle . Military-themed Chess variant on a large board, invented in the Soviet Union in 1933. Author: Roger Norling. Inventor: A. S. Yurgelevich.
- Chessopoly . Board with a hole in the middle where pawns move clockwise. Author: Andrew Juell. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Double Alternate Chess. Game played on two boards with object to checkmate either King. Inventor: Ken Franklin.
- Double Chess . On 16 by 8 board. Author: Sean Christopher Duggan. Inventor: David Short.
- Elbow Room . Usual set of pieces and eight additional pawns per player on 8 by 16 board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Flying Chess . Some pieces can fly. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: David Eltis.
- Full Double Chess . 32 pieces each, including all combinations of the basic Chess pieces, on a 16x8 square board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Haynie's Oblong Chess . Variant on double size chess board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Billy Haynie.
- Tim's 4x8x4 3D Chess . A practical and playable 3D chess game. By Tim O'Lena.
- Torus Chess . Large chess variant on torus shaped board. By Köksal Karakus.
Total items listed: 14