Starts with the letter 'D'
- Dart Chess . Chess on a 6x6 board with a new piece: the Dart. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Darren Izzard.
- Demi Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- Demi-Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- Diamond Chess . Chess variant on diamond shaped board with 40 squares. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Bruce Mills.
- Diana . Chess on a 6 by 6 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: ? Hopwood.
- Diana Chess . Chess on a 6 by 6 board. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: ? Hopwood.
- Dino-Czars . Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts. By Clark Rodeffer.
- Diplomat Chess . Round-board variant with a Diplomat to suborn opponents. By Carlos Martin-Fuertes.
- Do-or-die Chazz . Pawns that can move backward and kings only on 5 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 .
- Do-or-die Chess . Chess on 5 by 8 board: three rows removed. Author: Marek14 .
- Dodl-schach . A truly small variant. Author: Marek14 .
- Dollar Chess . Almost 1-Dimensional Variant on a Dollar sign-shaped board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Dueling Archbishops . Small chess variant on 2 by 3 board.
|13 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||1 'One dimensional' entry listed|
|13 'Small board' entries listed||2 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed|
|1 'Circular shaped board' entry listed||1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 13