Item Index Information
Minishogi is a game information page. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Small board, Oriental, ShogiBased.
Minishogi. On a 5 by 5 board. (5x5, Cells: 25) (Recognized!)
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Shigenobu Kusumo.
Minishogi, one of the smallest variants of Shogi known, was suggested by Köksal Karakus as a recognized chess variant. He writes: "I want to tell you that Minishogi should be one of those variants that are recognized. Because it is a small but very playable variant. Although Shogi still stands very complex, minishogi is simple to learn, has basic rules, but still has something to fight with your opponent."
The board used for this game has 5 row(s), 5 column(s), 25 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 1970. [1969-1971]. [1965-1975].
- Browse items that also start with the letter M.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Mi.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Min.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Mini-Shogi. Missing description Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Minishogi. A Minishogi association has existed, and may still exist, in Osaka. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good and Armin Liebhart. Inventor: Shigenobu Kusumo.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Minishogi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Minishogi'