Zillions of Games file for Moon Chess
This is a zip file of a rules file for Zillions of Games and its accompanying graphics. Zillions of Games is a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules and graphics for.
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure to keep the folder structure intact when you extract the files.
Author: Peter Aronson.
This version of Half-Board Xiangi was based partly on the description of Half-Board Xiangqi in <a href="../xiangvar.html">A Xiangqi Variant</a>, and partly on a comment on that page in the old comment system by Ken Liao: <blockquote><i> I have seen this game, but with a few differences. Most of my relatives know this game as Moon Chess. The rules are basically correct, except that the ranking is wrong in your page. This is how most people I know play: General -> Guard -> Elephant -> Car -> Horse -> Soldier -> General (anglicized) King -> Guard -> Bishop -> Rook -> Knight -> Pawn -> King The cannon is special. It can take any piece, but only by jumping over another piece, at any distance, no matter if the piece is flipped over or not. It can move one space orthogonally. Any piece except the soldier can take the cannon. I am pretty sure this is the official way to play Moon Chess. </i></blockquote>
- Browse items that also start with the letter M.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Mo.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Moo.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- An-Qi. Played on the squares of half a Xiangqi board but using all the pieces. (8x4, Cells: 32)
- Peng Hu rules. Rules for half-board Xiangqi. (8x4, Cells: 32)
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'HalfXiangqi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)