Item Index Information
Moon Chess is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Small board, Oriental, XiangqiBased.
Moon Chess . Played with a Xiangqi set, but with different rules.
Author: Peter Aronson.
This version of Half-Board Xiangi was based partly on the description of Half-Board Xiangqi in <a href="../xiangvar.html">A Xiangqi Variant</a>, and partly on a comment on that page in the old comment system by Ken Liao: <blockquote><i> I have seen this game, but with a few differences. Most of my relatives know this game as Moon Chess. The rules are basically correct, except that the ranking is wrong in your page. This is how most people I know play: General -> Guard -> Elephant -> Car -> Horse -> Soldier -> General (anglicized) King -> Guard -> Bishop -> Rook -> Knight -> Pawn -> King The cannon is special. It can take any piece, but only by jumping over another piece, at any distance, no matter if the piece is flipped over or not. It can move one space orthogonally. Any piece except the soldier can take the cannon. I am pretty sure this is the official way to play Moon Chess. </i></blockquote>
The board used for this game has 4 row(s), 8 column(s), 32 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter M.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Mo.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Moo.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- An-Qi. Played on the squares of half a Xiangqi board but using all the pieces. (8x4, Cells: 32)
- Peng Hu rules. Rules for half-board Xiangqi. (8x4, Cells: 32)
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'HalfXiangqi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'HalfXiangqi'