The Double-Move Tag
These games are generally faster than Chess, because they normally allow each player to move twice per turn. For the sake of balance, some of these games do not grant this ability on White's first move. These games will differ in what kinds of moves are allowed. Some will allow only moves by the same piece, while others may require that different pieces move each turn. Some will allow the second move to check, and some will not.
- Accelerated Chess. White makes one move at first and then each player makes either a capturing move or two non-capturing moves.
- Backlash. Play on two boards, but capturing on one board leads to a backlash on the other! (2x(8x8), Cells: 132)
- Bennekom Double Move Chess. Move twice per turn with the same piece. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Dead Ringers Chess. Double chess game with twin pieces that are captured simultaneously. (2x(8x8), Cells: 64)
- Doublemove chess. Move twice per turn, with by King capture, not checkmate. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Doublestep Chess and Doubletime Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Extra Move Chess. Double-move variant based on limitations of Zillions of Games. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Fetch Chess. Double-move game where the Cat (who may be a 3rd player) may or may not fetch your pawns back. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Hit and Run Chess. After the first move, players may move 1 piece twice or two pieces once, capturing only on any piece's first move.
- Limited Doublemove Chess. Several variants on Doublemove Chess. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Marseillais Chess. Move twice per turn. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!)
- Twinmove Chess (compulsory). Double move variant where a pawn must be moved first. (This is like a pistol held to your head.).
- Twinmove Chess (uncompelled). Double move variant where a pawn can, optionally, be moved first.
- Two Move Chess. Designed to alleviate the first move advantage for White using double moves, while retaining the tactics of international chess.
- mini-Chieftain. One Small Multi-Move Game in Two Configurations. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Multi-Move - Games that allow a player multiple moves per turn