This is my 4th submission. I got the idea when I saw retreating chess, to create a variant that is quite the opposite.
The only difference between this and Standerd chess are the following rules:
1. No piece can ever go back any sqares.
2. If the King is in check, and the only way out is to move backwards, it is checkmate.
3. When a piece reaches the last rank, it jumps to the first rank on any empty square.
4. If there is no room on the first rank, it moves to the second rank.
5. In the rare case that the first 2 ranks are filled, the piece is forced to move to the last rank and is captured.
6. A piece can not EVER capture a piece on the jump
1. A pawn reaching the last rank does not promote.
2. If there is no room on the first rank, a pawn will jump to the second rank as a pawn, and can make a 2-step move
3. A pawn on the first rank can make a 1, 2, or 3 step move. A pawn on the second rank can make a 1 or 2 step move.
1. Standerd rules
2. make use of rule 5
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
Web page created: 2006-10-28. Web page last updated: 2006-10-28