What's New? (All Languages)
Bottom of page
Last Game Courier move entered 39 minutes ago.
Last Game Courier open invitation made 1 DAY ago.
Last Game Courier game finished 17 hours ago.
Last kibbitz comment entered 643 DAYS ago.
Last Chess Variant problem added 1539 DAYS ago.
Last comment or rating entered 15 minutes ago.
Last game review entered 2 DAYS ago.
Week ending May 30, 2020
- Fischer-Benko Chess. Three pieces are placed randomly, the other five by the players. By Davor Vujacic.
Week ending May 23, 2020
- Diagram Editor with scalable graphics. Missing description By H. G. Muller.
- Neoclassical Chess. The opening moves are selected through a random ballot. By Gabriel F. Bobadilla.
- Hexofen. 91-cell hexagonal variant with three knights and parallel pawn rows. Author: Daniil Frolov.
- Chess+. Players choose when and where to place their pieces behind the pawns. Author: Ola Sassersson. Inventor: Nick Bentley and Christian Freeling.
- Shogun Chess. Pieces promote and can be dropped, similar to Shogi. By Daniel Lee.
- Orda Chess. Asymmetric variant where one army has pieces that move like knights but capture differently. By Daniel Lee.
Week ending May 16, 2020
- Nutty Shogi. Smaller version of Tenjiku Shogi on a 13x13 board. Author: Adam DeWitt. Inventor: H. G. Muller.
Week ending May 09, 2020
- Hanten Shogi. Variant of Suzumu Shogi with different promotion rules. By Adam DeWitt.
- Suzumu Shogi. 16x16 Shogi variant based on Tenjiku Shogi. By Adam DeWitt.
- Taishin Shogi. Enormous variant of Suzumu Shogi based on Tai Shogi and Taikyoku Shogi. By Adam DeWitt.
- Tenjiku Shogi. Four hundred year old, large, historical variant of Shogi. Author: Adam DeWitt.
- Fusion Chess. Clarified the rule regarding when a piece is attacked. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Fergus Duniho.
- Castling Rules in Chess Variants. An investigation of castling rules in chess and chess variants. Author: Greg Strong.
- Waffle Chess. Chess on a 10x8 board with waffles added. By Kevin Pacey.
Week ending May 02, 2020
- Tiger Lily Chess. hexagonal chess on a board inspired by a flower. (6x12, Cells: 72) By Graeme C Neatham.
- SASR chess symbols. Minimalistic graphics for chess and variants. By Ola Sassersson.
- Zanzibar-XL. timurthelenk. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Metamachy. Large game with a variety of regular fairy pieces. Author: H. G. Muller. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
Total items listed: 19
To see the 'old' What's New page, go to: Old What's New page.