What's New? (All Languages)
Last Game Courier move entered 3 minutes ago.
Last Game Courier open invitation made 13 hours ago.
Last Game Courier game finished 4 hours ago.
Last kibbitz comment entered 4 DAYS ago.
Last Chess Variant problem added 2576 DAYS ago.
Last comment or rating entered -7592 second ago.
Last game review entered 18 hours ago.
Week ending Apr 01, 2023
- Tremendous Chess. Tremendous Chess is a large chess variant that is played on a 16×16 chessboard with 112 pieces per player. (16x16, Cells: 256) By Вадря Покштя.
- Variants playable against the diagram's AI. Index of variants that can be played against the interactive diagram. By H. G. Muller.
- Great Whale Shogi. Great Whale Shogi by R. Wayne Schmittberger. (11x11, Cells: 121) Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Chess. The most popular of Chess variants, Chess itself. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- King of the Hill. 2 -4 Player variant on 19 x 19 board. Get your King to the top first! (19x19) By Paul E. Newton.
- Grand Dice Chess. Pokshtya. By Вадря Покштя.
Week ending Mar 25, 2023
- Chu Shogi. Historic Japanese favorite, featuring a multi-capturing Lion. (12x12, Cells: 144) (Recognized!) Author: H. G. Muller.
- Double King Chess 8x16. Pokshtya. By Вадря Покштя.
- Carrera's Chess. Play this 10x8 historical variant on Jocly. (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: Michel Gutierrez and Jérôme Choain. Inventor: D. Pietro Carrera.
- Grand Triple Chess. Chess on an 16 x 24 board (i.e. six boards) with 3 sets of pieces. (24x16, Cells: 384) By Вадря Покштя.
- Arena Cheturshogqi. 2-4 Players on large board with mutating pieces and piece drops. (13x13, Cells: 169) By Paul E. Newton.
Week ending Mar 18, 2023
- Ludii Portal. The home of Ludii, a general game system that can play the full range of traditional strategy games, including chess variants. () Author: Adam DeWitt.
- An Inexpensive Method to Make Print and Play Chess Variants Sets. Chess Variants Print and Play. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Paul E. Newton.
- Obento Chess. thorsilver. (12x12, Cells: 144) Author: Jean-Louis Cazaux. Inventor: Eric Silverman and Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Ultima. New presets that enforce rules and display legal moves. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
Next: between 30 and 60 days or more old for a minimum of 0 items.
To see the 'old' What's New page, go to: Old What's New page.