Bottom of page
listprimary is 1
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Ladder Chess . Chess variant on a `skewed' board with 40 squares. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- LancerChess (or LeopardChess). Missing description By Glenn Nicholls.
- Large Chess ZRF . ZRF for Capablanca's Chess plus variants: Bird's, Aberg's, Grotesque, Univers, Embassy, Janus, Archbishop, New Chancellor + more. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Leandros Chess . You may make a non-capturing move with each of your pieces in one turn, or make a normal capturing move. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Leap Chess . Game with manditory captures and other Checkers-like elements on a board of 44 squares. By Ken Franklin.
- Leapers Chess. Played upon a 10x10 field with all the pieces having leaping capability. By Larry L. Smith.
- Leapers Creeepers. Decimal variant with many leaping pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Legan's Chess . Normal set and board, different setup and pawn moves. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: L. Legan.
- Legan's Fortress Chess . On an `I` shaped board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: L. Legan.
- Legler's Chess . Modest 1926 variant using an Archbishop and a Chancellor. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Hugo Legler.
- Lemniscate Chess . Chess played on a Lemniscate board (in the shape of an infinity symbol). By David Cannon.
- Lemurian Shatranj . Missing description By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Life, the Universe and Everything . 42-square double-move variant with unusual pieces, inspired by Douglas Adams' fiction. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess . All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color. By Peter Aronson.
- Lion Chinese Chess . Chinese Variant from Taiwan. By Yu Ren Dong.
- Lions and Dragons Chess . Hexagonal variant. Dragons carry a ball to the goal while Wizards avoid capture. By Tony Quintanilla.
- LiQi . Very Strong Chss. By Larry L. Smith.
- Little Cheops. Missing description By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Little Dragon Chess . Modern small variant of Xiangqi on board of 41 squares. By Peter Aronson.
- Locusts . Simple chess variant with only two set of pieces on each army. By Yu Ren Dong.
- The Lonely Wolf . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Los Alamos Chess . Chess on a 6x6 board. Author: David Howe.
- Los Alamos Extinction Chess with Bunkers . On 6 by 6 board with two additional bunkers, and extension chess rules. By Doug Chatham.
- Ludus Equitum. Game in style of Society of Creative Anachronism. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Ludus Magus . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Lumberjack . Pieces move depending on the column they are on. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Bruce Zimov.
- Luotuoqi (Camel Chess) . Chess variant designed by committee. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Various.
Total items listed: 27