- Annan Shogi . Shogi variant where pieces move like a friendly piece directly behind it (and similar variants).
- Beautiful Sun Chess (Meiriqi) . 10x10 blend of FIDE, Shogi, and Xiangqi influences.
- Bushi Shogi. Extremely small shogi variant played with cube pieces.
- Cannon Shogi . Played on a 9x9 Shogi board, feature various types of 'Cannon' pieces.
- Chu Shogi . Shogi variant on 12 by 12 board.
- Dai Dai Shogi. Extremely large Shogi variant invented in the 17th century.
- Grand Shogi. Normal Shogi, but with extra pieces.
- Great Whale Shogi. Large board based on Whale and Wa Shogi.
- Hex Shogi . A new family of hexagonal Shogi variants.
- iChess . Missing description
- Ki Shogi. Variant of Shogi played without a board, and pieces are cubes.
- Medusa Shogi. Missing description
- Microshogi . Small shogi variant on a 4 by 5 board.
- Millennium Chu Shogi . http://pika.cs.nctu.edu.tw/lit/MillenniumShogi.zip.
- Shogi . Westernized version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Shogi, Mortal Shogi, and Kamikaze Mortal Shogi . Optimized ZRFs for Japanese Chess and some recent variants.
- Three Player Hex Shogi 91 . A hexagonal Shogi Variant for three players.
- Tori Shogi. Bird Shogi.
- Typhoon (Revised) . Missing description
Total items listed: 21