Item Index Information
Pocket knight is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, .
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
When I was a child, there were, besides orthodox chess, three variants I played: giveaway chess, bughouse, and pocket knight. Pocket Knight, the variant where players start with one knight besides the board that can be dropped instead of a turn, but which is otherwise similar to chess, is a more than a century old chess variant, played in many places in the world. The game is very close to orthodox chess, indeed, after both players have made their drop, then the game is not different anymore from orthodox chess. The possibility to drop a knight adds some additional possibilities for tactic play, while not changing the nature of the game too much.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter P.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Po.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Poc.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Pocket pieces thematic tourney. Chess problem composition tournament. Closing date April 30, 2002. Author: Juraj Lörinc.
- Pocket pieces thematic tourney - Awards. Winning problems in a chess problem design competition. Author: Juraj Lörinc.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'PocketKnight' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'PocketKnight'