The Drops: Pocket Tag
In these variants, each player has a pocket space that is detached from the board, and he may drop a piece from that space onto an empty space sometime during the game. This may be a one-use pocket that already has a specific piece in it, or a player might be able to move a piece there under certain conditions.
- Backlash. Play on two boards, but capturing on one board leads to a backlash on the other! (2x(8x8), Cells: 132) (1)
- Pocket Mutation Chess. Take one of your pieces off the board, maybe change it, keep it in reserve, and drop it on the board later. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) (1)
- Pocket Polypiece Chess 43. Game with off-board pocket where all pieces of a type change when one piece of a type is moved normally. (7x6, Cells: 43) (1)
- Pocket Shogi Copper. A Variant of Shogi with Copper General and Pocket. (1)
- Pocket Shogi Plus. Shogi Like game with a pocket to store and move pieces. (1)
- Pocket knight. Each player has a knight that he can drop during the game. (Recognized!) (1)
- Drops - Pieces can be held in reserve and dropped.