Item Index Information
Chessence is a game information page. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Small board. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Chessence. Small variant with many possible winning conditions.
By Stephen Sniderman.
Invented by Stephen Sniderman: <p>"Chessence is intended to simulate the essential features of chess (including its complexity) but to eliminate some of its annoyances, such as memorized openings, one-sided contests, esoteric rules (like en passant, castling, and pawn promotion), and four-hour, 70-move battles ending in a draw." Part of The Life of Games site.
The board used for this game has 4 row(s), 4 column(s), 16 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter C.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ch.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Che.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.