- Chessence. Small variant with many possible winning conditions. By Stephen Sniderman.
- Cube Shogi. Shogi with cube-shaped pieces. By John Smith.
- Hibryd I. Game played on 4x4 board with a King and four Pawns each, neutral pieces, multiple forms of capture and many ways of winning. (4x4, Cells: 16) By Jared B. McComb.
- Hippodrome. Solitaire game using a small board. (4x4, Cells: 16) By Andy Lewicki.
- Hippodrome. Solitaire game using a small board. Author: Doug Chatham. Inventor: Andy Lewicki.
- Quarterboard. Small variant with no pawns and piece drops, inspired by Chess and Shogi. By Milan Zeiske.
- Tic-Tac-check. Get four chesspieces in a row on a 4 by 4 board. (4x4, Cells: 16) Author: Daniel Thibault and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Don Green.
Total items listed: 8