Contest: design a chess variant on 41 squaresIn October 2000, a contest to design a chess variant on a board with 41 squares started. On this webpage, you find the links to the submitted games, rules of the contest, the winners, etc...
- The Challenge: Design a chess variant on 41 squares. Rules of the contest. Deadline for submissions of games: March 31, 2001.
- Report on 41-square Chess Variant Competition, by the judge D. B. Pritchard.
- Snark Hunt. By Peter Aronson. Special mention.
- Two Pipe Chess. By Doug Chatham.
- Trubix. By David Short.
- Chess in the Fast Lane. By Francois Tremblay.
- Subway Chess. By Francois Tremblay.
- Hex Shogi 41. By Fergus Duniho. 4th Place!
- Tapestry Chess. By David Howe. 5th Place!
- Little Dragon Chess. By Peter Aronson. 2nd Place!!
- Chameleon. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Family Matters Chess (small). By Tomas Forsman.
- Espionage Chess. By Sergej Sirotkin.
- Free corners chess. By Sergej Sirotkin. Special mention.
- Reenterent chess. By Edward Lovett. Special mention.
- Clash of Command. By Peter Stobbe.
- Fusion Diamond 41. By Fergus Duniho. Special mention.
- Bottleneck Chess. By Köksal Karakus.
- Bingo Chess. By Doug Chatham.
- Equestrian Chess. By Jason D. Wittman. 3rd Place!
- Not a chess variant. By Alexandre Muñiz.
- TheBridge41. By Hubert Lamontagne.
- Wild Jokers Chess. By Jeff Stroud.
- Take Over Chess. By Tony Quintanilla. 1st Place!
More linksSee also:
- Interview with Tony Quintanilla, winner of this contest.
- Other contests we have hosted.
- Many of the games, submitted in the contest can be played with Zillions of Games. You can find the ZRF files here.
Written and maintained by Hans Bodlaender.
WWW page created: October 12, 2000. Last modified: August 7, 2001.