Large Variant 99 ContestThis webpage gives pointers to more information on the contest to design `large chess variants'.
- Contest Winner Voting Page. You may go here to cast your vote for the winner of the contest!
- Rules. How to participate, what to win, etc.
- Single download for all existing Zillions-of-games implementations of the variants in the contest.
- Voter feedback page.
- Voter comments page.
- Results of the voting.
- Chesseract. By Jim Aikin.
- Eight-Stone Chess. By Jim Aikin. Third Place! (unoffical)
- Edge of the World. By Michael Fryer.
- Nahbi Chess. By Uri Bruck.
- Centennial Chess. By John William Brown. Third Place! (unofficial)
- Scirocco. By Adrian King.
- Mammoth Chess. By Kevin Begley.
- Quang Trung Chess. By Vu Q. Vo. Finalist!
- Maelstrom. By Michael Asher.
- Pick the Team Chess. By Hans Bodlaender.
- Shako. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Tamerlane II. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Jester Chess. By Thomas Havel.
- Camblam. By Michael Asher.
- Omega Chess. By Daniel C. Macdonald. Second Place! (unoffical)
- Spinach Chess. By Hans Bodlaender.
- Conveyor Chess. By Zachary Catlin.
- Ultra Chess. By Ruggero Micheletto. Finalist!
- Royal Court. By Sidney LeVasseur.
- King's Court. By Sidney LeVasseur. Finalist!
- Round Table Chess. By Richard G. van Deventer.
- Mini Citadel Chess. By A. J. Winkelspecht.
- Divergent Chess. By A. J. Winkelspecht.
- Vyrémorn Chess. By Nathan McDonald. Winner! (unoffical)
- Flee! By Andy Kurnia.
- Round Table Chess II. By Richard G. van Deventer.
- Quex. By Soleste (Stephen Larson).
- Bomberman Chess. By Bryan Lambert. Finalist!
- Typhoon. By Adrian King.
- Keyles. By Stephen Larson.
- Webball. By J. R. Schmidt.
- Napoleonic Chess.By Tom Hartley.
- Fantasy Grand Chess. By Peter S. Hatch.
- Scheherazade. By Robert Shimmin.
- Big Outer Chess. By Peter Blanchard.
- Chess 99. By Alfred Pfeiffer.
- Little Cheops. By B. Gregory Johnson.
- Bach Dang Chess. By Vu Q. Vo.
- Bishops. By EJW Consulting.
- Double Chess. By David Short.
- Jupiter. Huge chess variant on 16 by 16 board. By Adrian King. (Link to secondary site.)
- Many Worlds. By Adrian King.
- Perfect 12. 36 pieces per player on 12 by 12 board. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Xhess. Large but simple chess variant by David Howe.
WWW page maintained by Hans Bodlaender and David Howe.
WWW page created: January 15, 1999. Last modified: January 2, 2000.