This is a rules file for Zillions of Games, a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules to. With Zillions-of-Games installed, this rules file will let you play this game against your computer.This truly Colossus Chess features 4 knights, 4 rooks, 4 bishops, 10 pawns, a Queen and a king!
Also includes additional variants featuring a number of unique innovative pieces.Additional variants included
- Warrior + Quad - This version of Colossus features 4 Knights, 4 Bishops, 4 Rooks, 10 Pawns, 1 King 1 Queen
and 1 Warrior.
Like, Colossus the pawns move 1 or 2 spaces forward anytime. En-Passant capture can happen when a pawn makes a double move to bypass the enemy pawn.
The Warrior jumps 1 or 2 spaces in any direction.
Hoppers features the new Hop Guard in addition to extra standard pieces
The Hop Guard jumps 2 in any direction.
- Flying Dragons and Chariots Flying Dragons and Chariots features the intriguing Flying Dragon that moves like a bishop or jumps forward like a camel and the Flying Chariot - a rook that can jumps forward 2 spaces. It also introduces an early version of the super pawn.
- proto-setup Flying Dragons The first setup of Flying Dragons and Chariots features the intriguing Flying Dragon that moves like a bishop or jumps forward like a camel and the Flying Chariot - a rook that can jumps forward 2 spaces. It also introduces an early version of the super pawn.
- Terrible Twists An interesting idea featuring the Blind Sissa - a limited Sissa, the Sorcerer Snake, the Hop Guard, the Octopus and the Prince.
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure you have the "Use folder names" checkbox checked when you extract the files.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Charles Daniel.
Web page created: 2010-02-19. Web page last updated: 2010-02-19