The Piece: Phoenix Tag
The name Phoenix for this piece stems from large Shogi variants. Ralph Betza named this piece Waffle, problemists use the name Caliph for it.
- 4 Kings Quasi-Shatranj. Each side has 4 Kings, all pieces are short range. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Chess with Different Armies. Betza's classic variant where white and black play with different sets of pieces. (Recognized!)
- Chu Shogi. Historic Japanese favorite, featuring a multi-capturing Lion. (12x12, Cells: 144) (Recognized!)
- Fearful fairies. An experimental army for CadA, featuring the Dullahan (Ferz-Knight compound) and the Banshee. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Grand Betza. A tribute to Ralph Betza on a 10x10 board with pawns on the third rank as in Grand Chess.
- Mosaic Chess. Large variant combining pieces from various other games.
- UC-170-13. Universal Chess version featuring 170 different kind of major pieces and 13 different kind of pawns. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Universal Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Wide Chess. Chess with 2 types of non-colourbound elephants added on a 12x8 board using fast castling rules.
- Piece - Parent tag for noting a specific type of piece in a game