The Goal: Marriage Tag
An additional or sole goal of the game is to bring pieces next to each other that start the game apart. Originally as ‘marriage’ of the King to a Queen initially absent from the array.
- BacCanCat. 4-player variant with Cannons and Arrows, Cathedralling, and alternative ways to win. (16x16, Cells: 256) (1)
- Bachelor Chess. Win by mating your opponent, or marrying off your King. (7x6, Cells: 42) (2)
- Bachelor Hunterbeest. Hunterbeest without the Queen or Gnu - to start with... (9x8, Cells: 72) (1)
- Bachelor Kamil. Combines ideas from Bachelor Chess and Wildebeest Chess. (9x8, Cells: 72) (1)
- Bachelor Nearlydouble. Applying the Nearlydouble principle to Bachelor Chess. (9x9, Cells: 81) (1)
- Bachelor Nimrod. Small variant with one each of distinctive Nimrod pieces, and of Knight. (6x6, Cells: 36) (1)
- Fiancé Chess. A 3-player variant with Kings and Queens starting far apart, inspired by Bachelor Chess. (12x12, Cells: 96) (1)
- GraTiA. A blend of two historic variants. (13x12, Cells: 156) (1)
- Paco Shako. Pieces coexist peacefully on target square after capture. (1)
- Pink Panther Chess. Possess the Pink Panther diamond give your piece extra moves. (7x7, Cells: 49) (1)
- Stelliform 6 player Chess. Stellisch from Wellisch, Stellicorn from Revergent, and Stellgi and Hexgi. (17x17, Cells: 121) (1)
- Goal - Win the game in an unusual way.