FIDE rules apply, except that:
- All pieces (including king and pawn) can make a capturing move as a Withdrawer. (You can only capture opponent's pieces.)
- Withdrawing pieces cannot also capture by displacement at the same time; they must move to a vacant space.
- Pawns on second row can move one or two spaces.
- Pawns on first row move only one space.
- Kings are immune to withdrawing captures.
- Pawns moved to last rank (even due to withdrawing move) promote.
- Withdrawing capture is not allowed for escaping pictorial checkmate.
Note: Displacement capture is still permitted according to normal FIDE rules.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By (zzo38) A. Black.
Web page created: 2012-11-03. Web page last updated: 2012-11-03