3to2: A 3D flavour in orthodox chess
"3TO2" Chess Game is a one board version of the "Mapped Chess" Game.
Rules are the same, adding special moves to pieces coming from the Third Dimension projected on one board. The overall power of pieces is thus enhanced compared to orthodox chess, leading to new situations and very dynamic game.
Standard set of pieces with same initial setting.
* The Aim is to Checkmate the King
* Usual rules are maintained (+ Castle, en passant, promotion)
* Bishop gets additional orthogonal moves, every two squares (remaining on the same color) until it encounters an occupied square
* Rook gets additional diagonal moves, every two squares until it encounters an occupied square
* Queen gets combined Rook and Bishop additional moves, allowing it to jump over pieces as Rook and Bishop do
* Knight gets additional one step orthogonal move in every direction
* Pawn gets additional diagonal two square jump from initial position
One extra rule has to be obeyed: the first move for all pieces but Pawns has to be a normal one
The last rule is not mandatory for the "mapped chess" game that one plays on two boards with protecting pawns.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Stephane Burkhart.
Web page created: 2011-04-23. Web page last updated: 2011-04-23