- Quad-Square Chess . Chess on a board of 38 squares, of which six have size two by two. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: David Howe.
- Quang Trung Chess, 2nd edition . On 10 by 10 board with seven mostly new pieces. By Vu Q Vo.
- Quantum Chess . Commercial variant with new pieces on 10 by 10 and 12 by 12 boards. Author: Robert Price.
- Queens and Pawns . Try to arrange nine Queens and a Pawn on a standard Chess board so that none of them attack each other. Author: Doug Chatham.
- Queens or Castles. Wizards promote by making an opponent's piece [or pawn] and themself vanish from the board. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Quintessential Chess . Large chess variant, with some pieces moving with a sequence of Knight moves in a zigzag line. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
|6 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||3 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Small board' entry listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
|1 'Sold commercially' entry listed||1 'Solitaire game, puzzle or chess problem' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6