- Chu Shogi. Historic Japanese favorite, featuring a multi-capturing Lion.
- Futashikana Shogi. Expanded version of Shosu Shogi played on an 11x11 board.
- Hex Shogi 81. A hexagonal Shogi variant on an 81-space board.
- Hex Shogi 91. A hexagonal Shogi variant on a 91-space board.
- Kamikaze Mortal Shogi. Send your Kamikazes on suicide missions in this Shogi variant.
- Mitsugumi Shogi. Smaller version of Suzumu Shogi on a 13x13 board.
- Mortal Shogi. Play this Shogi variant in which pieces may die.
- Nutty Shogi. Smaller version of Tenjiku Shogi on a 13x13 board.
- Shogi-of-Chesstonia. 9 x 12 Shogi Variant that includes a Queen and some Modern Shatranj Pieces.
- Shosu Shogi. 10x10 Shogi variant with Queens and more powerful promoted pieces.
- Suzumu Shogi. 16x16 Shogi variant based on Tenjiku Shogi.
- Tenjiku Shogi. Four hundred year old, large, historical variant of Shogi.
|12 'Play by mail item' entries listed||12 'Large board' entries listed|
|7 'Oriental' entries listed||2 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|2 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entries listed||12 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 12