- Chess Cubed. Played within a 4x4x4 cube. By Larry L. Smith.
- Chesseract . Four dimensional chess variant. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Demi Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- Demi-Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- Flux 4x4x4 Chess . 3D variant where pieces, excepting the King, can only exist on the field for a specific number of turns at a time. By Larry L. Smith.
- Free-form 4x4x4 Chess . 3D variant based upon several ideas by V. R. Parton for Chess-play on smaller fields. By Larry L. Smith.
- Half Chess . On a 4 by 8 board without pawns. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: John Groeneman.
- Hippodrome. Solitaire game using a small board. Author: Doug Chatham. Inventor: Andy Lewicki.
- Influence Chess . Pieces on the top or bottom layer influence which chess pieces may move on the middle layer. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Samuel H. Bell.
- Oblong chess . Variant of Shatranj, played on a four by sixteen sized board. Author: Andrew Juell.
- Oblong Chess 44 . Missing description By Erez Schatz.
- Oblong Shatranj with Die. Missing description Author: M Winther.
- Planar 4x4x4 Chess . 3D variant played with pieces which are restricted to particular planes within the cubic field. By Larry L. Smith.
- Spartan Chess 28 for Zillions . Zip file with Zillions rules file and graphics. By Graeme C Neatham.
Total items listed: 18