- Arch Courier. Eric Greenwood's modernization of Courier and Courier Spiel Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Archabbott Chess. Introduces the Archabbott piece which moves like Bishop + Wazir + Dabbaba. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Cagliostro's Chess. Savio Cagliostro of Okeechobee Florida invented this variant in latter quarter of 20th c. Adds extra cardinal and amazon to capa. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Savio Cagliostro.
- Champagne Chess. Chess on a 12x8 board with ferfils and dragons added. By Kevin Pacey.
- Chess on a Larger Board with not so few Pieces Dropped Preset. Play this game with an interesting mix of Orthochess and Exotic pieces, some of which start in-hand! By Antoine Fourrière.
- Courier Chess. A large historic variant from Medieval Europe. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Courier Chess - Modified. Fourth and Fifth Courier Chess variant modifications.... Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Courier de los Combinados. Variant with the most Basic Combinations of Knight, Camel, FIDE pieces, with ferzes, wazirs and guards. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Courier-Spiel. More modern version of Courier Chess, with Queen added. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Parity Chess. Chess on a 12x8 board with Champions and FADs added. By Kevin Pacey.
- Pool Chess. Queens and Bishops bounce 90 degrees off the board edge. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Francisco Quintanilla.
- Wide Chess. Chess with 2 types of non-colourbound elephants added on a 12x8 board using fast castling rules. By Kevin Pacey.
|17 'Play by mail item' entries listed||8 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'From ancient times' entry listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
|1 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entry listed||1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 17