- Battery Chess. Chess on a Battery shaped board, with lots of batteries. (5x10, Cells: 46) By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Bland Chess 46. Orthogonal moves only on a board with 46 squares. (6x8, Cells: 46) Author: (zzo38) A. Black. Inventor: (zzo38) A. Black and Gary K. Gifford.
- Chessence. Variant on a 9 x 6 board with 8 missing squares, immobile Kings, and 9 pieces whose movement depends on their spatial relation. (6x9, Cells: 46) Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jim Winslow.
- Claustrophobia. Played utilizing 46 squares of a chessboard, using new unique pieces, all of which can be represented by the standard pieces. (5x8, Cells: 46) By Charles Daniel.
- Corral Chess. Force the opponent to the center in this 45/46 Cell Contest entry. (5x9x2, Cells: 46) By Doug Chatham.
- Dream Chess 46. 46-squasre variant played from opposite corners of a FIDE board with the other corners removed. (8x8, Cells: 46) By Charles Gilman.
- Little River Chess. A 46 square variant based loosely on Chinese Chess. (6x9, Cells: 46) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Ninjutsu (Claustrophobia 2). The fierce double capture leaping pieces: the Ninja Warriors and the Ninja Guards can promote to Insane Ninja Knights! (8x5, Cells: 46) By Charles Daniel.
- Penturanga. Chaturanga on a board with 46 pentagonal cells. (8x5, Cells: 46) By Graeme C Neatham.
- Prison Break. Starring the sliding pawns, the Ninja Guards, the Knight, the Bird, the King and introducing the captivating Ice Queen! (6x8, Cells: 46) By Charles Daniel.
- Skirmish56 Chess. This is Skirmish Chess on an Simplified Chess board. (7x8, Cells: 46) By Rich Hutnik.
- Step and Circle TrigChess. Trigonal entry for the 45 or 46 cell 2007 design contest. (9x6, Cells: 46) By Graeme C Neatham.
|13 'Game' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|6 'Small board' entries listed||3 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed|
Total items listed: 13