- Arimaa. Uses same equipment as Chess, but designed to be difficult for computers. By Omar Syed and Aamir Syed.
- Arimaa. Board game playable with standard chess set, hard for computers. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Omar Syed and Aamir Syed.
- Billiards progressive chess. Progressive chess variant where queens and bishops bounce against the edges of the board. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Fabio Forzoni.
- Realm chess. Board is divided into realms and multiple pieces can move into and out of a realm in one turn. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Edward Jackman.
- Wizard of Oz Octal Chess. Based on Baum book and 1939 film. (8x8, Cells: 64) By George William Duke.
|7 'Game' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7