- Arimaa. Uses same equipment as Chess, but designed to be difficult for computers. By Omar Syed and Aamir Syed.
- Arimaa. Board game playable with standard chess set, hard for computers. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Omar Syed and Aamir Syed.
- Central Rotational Chess. Plays like chess except the center (4 squares) rotate after each move and kings must be captured (instead of mated). (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gary K. Gifford.
- ChessXp. 10x10 Chess, strictly derived from the 8x8 architecture. By Uli Schwekendiek.
- Cold War Chess. A long and very challanging game against all odds. By Kutasi Márton.
- Mockery Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Stephane Burkhart.
- Multi-King Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Roberto Lavieri.
- Near Chess. This is a variant of Skirmish Chess designed to be friendlier to newbies. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- No-Retreating Chess. A varient where you can't retreat until you get to the last rank. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Orda Chess. Asymmetric variant where one army has pieces that move like knights but capture differently. By Daniel Lee.
- Safe Passage. Move pieces to opposite side without putting pieces in danger of capture. By Karen Robinson.
- Simplified Chess. Missing description (8x7, Cells: 56) By John Kipling Lewis.
- Suicide Void Chess. Variant of Suicide Chess. A piece creating a void in the board is moved after each capture. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Robert Atkinson.
Total items listed: 17