Item Index Information
Iron Guard Chess is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, In a category all its own, Each player has a different army, Orthodox chess set but with different initial setups, Orthodox chess set but with special rules. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Iron Guard Chess. Instead of a queen, white has an Iron Guard who can move only to adjacent diagonal squares and cannot be captured.
Author: Douglas Silfen.
Object: Checkmate the opponent's King by attacking it so it cannot escape. Instead of a queen, White has a guard who can move only to adjacent diagonal squares, but cannot be captured. Both sides have Iron Guards and no Queens in the 'Double Iron Guard' variant. To see a description of how a piece moves right-click on it to bring up its properties dialog.
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 64 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter I.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ir.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Iro.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Iron Guard. Non-capturable guard replaces White queen. Author: Ed Friedlander.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'IronGuard' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'IronGuard'