Item Index Information
BlockChess is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Large board. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
BlockChess. Decimal variant with standard pieces starting out in the corners.
By Ronald W Brierley.
In BlockChess the pieces start in a corner of the board. Pawns may move without a capture as any orthogonal step but they may capture using any diagonal step. There are no two step pawn moves nor pawn promotions. Castling does not occur in BlockChess. Other pieces and their moves and the objectives of the game are the same as those of standard chess. BlockChess uses pawns differently than standard chess.
The board used for this game has 10 row(s), 10 column(s), 100 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 2006. [2005-2007]. [2001-2011].
- Browse items that also start with the letter B.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Bl.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Blo.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.