Item Index Information
Extinction chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Orthodox chess set but with different winning conditions.
Extinction chess. Win by making your opponents pieces of one type extinct. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!)
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
Extinction chess, invented by R. Wayne Schmittberger, is like chess, but the exchange of a single piece can already be fatal: a player loses when all his pieces of a type are taken. This creates a very lively game, where every move counts even more than in orthodox chess. The game is popular in NOST. The game rewards strong combinatorial play.
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 64 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter E.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ex.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ext.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Extinction Chess. Capture all of any kind of unit. Popular variant. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Extinction Chess. Win by capturing every piece of the same type. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Extinction Chess . Download this file to see this game played in the 2003 Multivariant Tournament! Author: Michael Nelson and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'ExtinctionChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID2 = 'ExtinctionChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'ExtinctionChess'