Item Index Information
3-Dimensional Eight Level Chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Three dimensional. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
3-Dimensional Eight Level Chess. TRUE 3D Chess on an 8 x 8 x 8 board.
Ray Edward Bornert II writes:
What would chess look like if it had been invented in 3-dimensions and then translated into 2-dimensions?
The game of Three-Dimensional Eight-Level Chess hereafter referred to, as 3D-8L is simply Chess in three dimensions instead of two dimensions.
The 3D-8L board is 8x8x8 with a total of 512 points of which 256 are white and 256 are black. In addition to white and black, there are four colors: red, green, blue and yellow that are used 128 times each so that the playing board is further divided into fourths.
There are 256 playing pieces of which 128 are white and 128 are black, and there are exactly 13 different types of pieces as far as shape and movement are concerned.
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 8 levels/boards, 512 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter 3.
- Browse items that also start with the letters 3-.
- Browse items that also start with the letters 3-D.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- 3D8 Chess: The Official Ruleset. 3D Chess using 8 stacked standard sets.
- 3-Dimensional Eight Level Chess . TRUE 3D Chess on an 8 x 8 x 8 board.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = '3DimensionalEigh' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID '3DimensionalEigh'