First Syllabus on Xiangqi - Chinese Chess 1David Li wrote a book on Xiangqi (Chinese Chess), titled www.nwo.nl. David Li sent us the following information on his book.
- First Syllabus on Xiangqi - Chinese Chess 1
- Date of publication:
- January 1996
- Pages, etc.:
- 136 pages, 6 x 9 softcover, 83 diagrams, 40 cases, 6 charts
- A fully annotated game from the 1994 UK Xiangqi Championship, 11
pages with 8 diagrams; a fully annotated game from the 4th World Xiangqi
Championship, held in Singapore in September 1995 (I was there as an
observer), 15 pages with 11 diagrams.
- Other info:
- Uses terms promulgated by the World Xiangqi Federation. $1 of each copy of the book will be donated to the WXF for further promotion of Xiangqi. I was in Beijing to hand deliver a copy of the book, on 24 January, to the executive vice president of WXF. The book is available at £ 12 (or its equivalent in any European currency), airpost prepaid, from Premier Publishing Company, P O Box 341267, Bethesda MD 20827, USA. Personal cheque is okay.
Buying the books
- Buy First Syllabus on Xiangqi: Chinese Chess 1 from Amazon.com. (Buying via this link gives the Chess Variant Pages some money.)
- You can also obtain it from: Premier Publishing Company, P O Box 341267, Bethesda MD 20827, USA.
Written by David Li and Hans Bodlaender.
WWW page created: 1996. Last modified: February 16, 2003.