Contest: design a chess variant on 40 squaresIn 1999/2000, a contest to design a chess variant on a board with 40 squares was held. On this webpage, you find the links to the submitted games, rules of the contest, the winners, etc.
- The Challenge: Design a chess variant on 40 squares. Rules, prizes, etc.
- The winners.
- Interview with Darren Izzard, winner of this contest.
- Do or Die Chazz. By David Moeser.
- Holywar. By Fergus Duniho.
- Courtyard. By Bryan Lambert.
- Extended Half-chess. By Bryan Lambert.
- Pachessi. By Peter Aronson.
- Rollerball. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Philosophers Chess. By Darren Izzard. 1st place!
- Oblique. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Amphora. By Peter Aronson.
- Black holes. By Juraj Lorinc.
- Smegi. By Fergus Duniho. 5th place.
- Diamond Chess. By Bruce Mills.
- Four File Chess. By Kris Barski.
- Traffic Jam. By Kris Barski.
- Faultline. By Patrick Riley.
- Magician Chess. By Jonathon Whittle. 3rd place!
- Mini Burmese Chess. By A. J. Winkelspecht.
- Convergent Chess. By A. J. Winkelspecht.
- Cuarenta. By J. Mark Thompson. 2nd place!
- Chromopolis. By Alexandre Owen Muniz. 4th place.
- Eric's 40-square Fiasco! By Eric Richardson.
- Hans 40 Gift Chess. By Köksal Karakus.
- Do or Die Chess. By David Moeser.
- Hourglass. By Bryan Lambert.
- Ladder Chess. By Sergey Sirotkin.
- Narrow Chess. By Peter Aronson.
- Toto40. By Peter Aronson.
- Just a funny board with 40 squares.
More linksSee also:
Written and maintained by Hans Bodlaender.
WWW page created: June 29, 1999. Last modified: November 27, 2000.