The Goal: Race Tag
An additional or sole goal of the game is to reach a certain location with a certain piece.
- Alapo. Game with abstract pieces. Reach opponents first row on 6 by 6 board. (6x6, Cells: 36) (1)
- Bollwerk 178. Occupying the opponent’s end field with a piece or a bomb. (1)
- Capture the Scepter. Checkmate the king or capture the scepter located on opposing king's home square. Features extra-mobile sliding pawns. (8x8, Cells: 64) (1)
- Chessapawn. Game where all pieces move forward and a win is by promoting. (8x8, Cells: 64) (1)
- Hexapawn. Martin Gardner's miniature game of three pawns vs the pawns. (3x3, Cells: 9) (1)
- Pachessi. Race and chess game on board formed by removing 3 by 3 square from center of 7 by 7 square. (7x7, Cells: 40) (1)
- Goal - Win the game in an unusual way.